* Looks like Lou Holtz will lisping and drooling next to Mark May for the foreseeable future. It's a shame really... his pep talks could have been just what people needed after being subjected to Corrine Brown.
* Ed Orgeron is making his presence felt in Knoxville. Lane Kiffin even drops this bomb about EOr:
this is somebody who can run our program exactly the way we need it run to be a national championship teamYep, as long as you keep him away from microphones, staff hirings, the offense, and overall game planning, he's an effective coach.
* The Toccoa Record feels Javan Snead won't lead the Rebels to a Western Division title this year. Is that Jevan's less talented twin?
* In Alabama, there's a new play entitled Bear Country. There's a reason the old joke "What's the difference between a maggot and a Tide fan?" has stuck around so long
* JuCo All American over at RCR gets a little more in-depth in his rebuttal than I did of ATVS's thesis on why the Rebels won't win the West this season. Take a look when you get a chance.